December 18, 2012

CCC #24 - STAR



It's Tuesday today and we are bringing you the last CASology Cue Word  before Christmas.
This week's word is:


For my card today I stamped each line of the sentiment in a different colour.  On the word joy I left out the 'o' by masking the stamp with scotch tape and stamped a star in it's place which I embossed with clear embossing powder.  The sentiment is very simple leaving lots of white space so I added some twine and adhered the white panel with foam tape to add interest.



Head on over to CASology today to learn what the 'cue card' means to you, how you can play along and see the all the cards created by the Design Team to inspire you.

Don`t forget to visit the blogs of the other members of the Design Team:
Tracey McNeely (that`s me)

and this week's Guest Designer Marlou (winner of CCC #21 - TIME )

I can't wait to see what STAR means to you!

All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:


Cardstock:  White, New Leaf
Stamps: Peace, Love & Joy CL469 (Hero Arts)
Ink:  Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf, Pure Poppy VersaMark (Tsukineko)
other: foam tape, clear embossing powder & green twine (The Twinery)

24 comments :

Ardyth said...

Great colour combo - very clever to use the star instead of the o!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so fresh and crisp Tracey, love it!!

Elise C. said...

Great card Tracey! I like that you used the star as the letter o! :)

Annette Allen said...

very pretty and great color combo..

Cathy Weber said...

I love this! The star in place of the o in Joy is perfect for this cue word...I am going to have a hard time not stealing this card idea!

Melissa said...

Love this, Tracey! Using that star for the "o" is such a great idea!!! Love the colors you used and all that white space is just dreamy! :)

Joyce said...

So clever to use the star that way. I love the font on these sentiments, and they can totally stand alone. The twine is such a nice touch.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Tracey! This is just perfect! Your idea with the star is brilliant and the whole card is so pretty and clean. <3 it!! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Darnell said...

Very clever, Tracey, and very CASlicious, as always. Your work is consistently crisp and yummo!!

LeAnne said...

You and Deanna are the QUEENS of CAS....this is wonderful! LOVE that twine!

Lynn said...

Clean and beautiful Tracey!

The Paper Parade said...

The colors are so pretty Tracey! I love how the o in the Joy is a star :)

Rosemary said...

this is fabulous, tracey... love how you used the star in place of the "o"!!

Deb said...

Tracey, gorgeous colors and I love the embossed star!!!

Marybeth said...

Its beautiufl in different colors. Love the star for the O in Joy. Gorgeous CAS!

Emily Keaton said...

I love this pretty CAS card! Those colors are perfect. :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Simply georgeous! Perfect colors chosen for this. Awesomely CAS!

Karen B. said...

Oh how clean and simple and amazing, straight to the point.

Kelly Griglione said...

What great colors, I love the blue you added!!! And of course the star is so fun for your "o" ... great design, Tracey!

Carol L said...

I love not only the colors, but the simple postage-friendly design! Well done!

Judy1223 said...

Tracey, this is clean and simple perfection! I love the star as the "o"...very creative!

Jean said...

Oh ~ perfectly CAS ~ love your choice of colors!

Kim Heggins said...

Tracey, this is just too cute and so clever with the way you used the star, you have an amazing talent.

Michelle said...

Perfect in every way, Tracey!