April 8, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch #22 & Simon Says Happy Birthday



I have a card for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!  I haven't played in a few weeks so it feels good to get back into it.  I have a need for masculine cards over the next while so I decided to take this sketch and make it masculine. For some reason when I think of a tag I think more feminine cards kind of fou fou and cutesy.  By choosing a masculine patterned paper and adding a clip to the top the card has a more grungy feel to it.  I am also submitting my project to the Simon Says Happy Birthday challenge.




All supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.

Cardstock:  Kraft
Patterned Paper: SN@P Basics (Simple Stories)
Stamps: Background Basics Circles, Birthday Basics (PTI) Envelope Sentiments (Simon Says Stamps)
Ink:  Simply Chartreuse, True Black
Dies: Tag Sale #7
other: foam tape, metal clip

17 comments :

Lynn said...

The sentiment font is awesome! Great guy card Tracey!

Lisa Elton said...

PERFECT card for your masculine stash Tracey! Love the patterns and fun clip!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this totally rocks!! love this!

Janet's Joy said...

I love the metal clip on your card! It definitely makes it masculine.

Ardyth said...

Love the black on the kraft and the clever use of hardware! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week, Tracey!

Marlena M. said...

Awesome masculine card Tracey!

Cathy Weber said...

You really nailed a masculine tag card Tracey...great idea! I've never played this challenge and am going to add it to my list!

Joyce said...

A perfect guy card. I love the CAS design, and the clip is a great touch.

Happy Dance said...

Love this. Clean, crisp, a bit of shine with the clip, and perfect for a guy. Perfect bit of edging on the tag. Super. Bev

Marybeth said...

Great card for CaseE . Very modern ! Love the clip!

carol (krillsister) said...

Great masculine card. Love the clip.

Kim Heggins said...

I agree with Joyce, perfect guy card! I am in love that those black circle/dots you continue to use and that clip, just the perfect touch to this amazing card.

Lindsey said...

Another awesome card, Tracey. Love that giant sentiment.

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love its design and colours and not forgetting the cute image too.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

N@ Ali said...

what a perfect guy's card! thank you for joining us at CTS ; )

Renee said...

A great guy card...
I think it's simply perfect for the guys!
And they're hard...
but you pulled it off perfectly! :)

Michelle said...

Really cool card...love the colors and stamps!