April 23, 2013

CSC #137 & CAS-ual Fridays Birthday Bash




Sharing my card for this week's CASE Study Challenge.  







The week's Muse once again is the incredibly talented JJ Bolton and an interactive card that was a winning submission for last years Paper Craft Magazine's Gallery Idol.




I was drawn to the bright colours against the white card base and the inverse die cut and use these elements on my very CAS design. I spaced out and laid out the 'hap' and 'y' leaving space for the other 'p' as I only had one.  I used some washi tape to secure the position while I ran it through the die cut machine.  Then I ran the other p through the machine.  I have enjoyed playing along with JJ's cards this month as it has pushed me to try some new techniques.  I am also submitting this to the CASual Fridays Birthday Base challenge.




All supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.

Cardstock:  White, Spring Rain, Berry Sorbet, Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise, Winter Wisteria
Stamps: By the Numbers
Dies: Block Alphas
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
other: foam tape

28 comments :

Kim Heggins said...

Tracey, this is just too cute! I love it and can't wait to CASe you too! Your colors are so bright and festive, perfect for a birthday card.

Lisa Elton said...

Very cute Tracey and a great CASE! I like your colorful letters ;)

Joyce said...

This is brilliant in its simplicity. Excellent case of JJ--you've got that rainbow color negative die cut vibe going on.

LeAnne said...

Love it....I feel like I am missing out on these CAS challenges but I just can't get to them! I'll have to try harder! Your colors are so pretty!

Barb said...

It's a perfect CASE of JJ's card, Tracey, and so beautifully clean and simple - just love your petty color choices! :)

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Tracey I think this is fab! The colorful cut out letters look so clean and crisp! Great card and great photo that shows off the dimension!

Sharron said...

Your rainbow letters are fabulous! Wonderful birthday card & great CASE!

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE!!!!

Marlou McAlees said...

looooove this card Tracey!!! ♥

Brandi said...

This is perfect! Congrats on the win!

Amy Kolling said...

Wahoo!!! Congrats on your win at Case Study!!!! This card is simply amazing!!

~amy~ said...

perfect! love it.

Kristie Goulet said...

Love this Tracey and congrats on your win at CaseStudy challenge! Well deserved. ♥

Annette Allen said...

awesome card..love the colorful letters..

Kelly Griglione said...

YAY, so excited to see your card win at CASE study!! It is indeed very "happy!" Thanks for linking it up with the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge as well : )

Lindsay said...

So CAS and perfect Tracey! I love those die cut letters! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

sandie said...

Cool idea to make use of only having one 'p' and so perfectly CAS!

Jeanne J. said...

Congrats on your win at CASE!!!! Wonderful card Tracey!

Jenny said...

Congrats on your win at CASE study... love the rainbow letters which are perfectly spaced I might add :0)
jenny x

Jen Mitchell said...

Love that colorful "happy!" This is such a great CAS card!

Renee said...

Simply perfect!!
I love your take on JJ's card...
the colorful "Happy"...
it's just perfect! :)

Janet's Joy said...

So simple and yet so perfect!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Congrats on the Case Study WIN, so deserved, awesomeness abounds!

Have a great day!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Perfection! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous CASness and great colours! Congrats on your win!

Jean said...

Ooooh - love this one - the negative die cuts are perfect - great choice of bright colors!

Jean said...

Congrats on your win!!!

Deb said...

Congrats on your CASE study win, Tracey! I love how you used your color with the negative. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!