April 27, 2013

Muse #14





Sharing a card for this week's Muse challenge.  When I create a project based on an inspiration photo I usually start by choosing what I am drawn to by the piece.  In the case of this week's Muse Virginia Lu I was drawn to every element and I couldn't help but want to do exactly what she did.  LOL 




So I had to try again, I loved the colours and I loved the matting treatment. That was what I set out to do.  I decided that Ii didn't want to stamp an entire background just part of it, but it didn't look right matted on the white.  So now I was derailed and didn't want to start over.  I switched up the matting and was happy with the results. A little tip: If you are stamping that final image on your focal panel and it doesn't stamp well try using your Copics to touch it up. I am also submitting this to the CASual Fridays Birthday Base challenge and the Simon Says Anything Goes challenge. 








All supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.

Cardstock:  White, Kraft, Blueberry Sky
Stamps: Stylish Sentiments Birthday (PTI) Flower Friends (Simon Says Stamps)
Ink:  Blueberry Sky, Hibiscus Burst, Simply Chartreuse (PTI) Butterbar Mid-Tone (Hero Arts) Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)

30 comments :

Erin said...

Beautiful card, Tracey! The "wish big" sentiment is one of my favorites!

Virginia L. said...

SO glad that you join the fun over MUSE challenge, Tracey! I love your CAS approach to this one! It's so concise and lovely! You have inspired me to try a simplier approach of MY card now! Enjoy your weekend!

Barb said...

What an awesome, CAS take on Virginia's card, Tracey! Love that fun sentiment!

I've done the same thing with Copics too - so nice when ya find one that matches the ink well. Good luck in the challenges! :)

sandie said...

Tracey this is a refreshing CAS take on Virginia's card, you are right her card was so great it was hard not to do the same but you nailed it!

Lynn said...

Love it...the perfect touch of stamping!

Neets B said...

Gorgeously CAS Tracey, really lovely :)

Renee said...

Perfect CAS!
Love that you used the colors because those vivid colors in Virginia's card are so eye catching! :)

Brandi said...

This is just so fun and cute!!!

Ardyth said...

Love your simplified take on this week's Muse! Thanks for playing along!

Jill Norwood said...

I love your eye for card design...your cards always inspire me! :)

Janet's Joy said...

Very eye catching card Tracey!

Alanna said...

Another great card. I love all the white space.

Christina said...

I just love your clean, balanced cards, Tracey! Great use of those colors--they really pop against the blue card base.

Lin said...

Love your CAS version of Virginia's card, Tracey! Thanks for sharing this at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Happy Dance said...

Love the CAS look of your card. The colors are perfect, and the design draws you in--right where you're supposed to be. Love this. Bev

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely card Tracey! You did a great job making this your own and switching up the design! Have a good weekend ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello Tracey,

I know what you mean about "inspiration," from the MUSE...I personally am trying to see this challenge site differently from others that usually CASE a sketch, use a color theme etc. I also try to pick out elements. It is a challenge for me not to just CASE it right of the bat. Your card was a perfect example of inspiration- TFS!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous, fresh, CAS take on the Muse card, Tracey, love the bold sentiment! Anita :)

Greta said...

Love how this came out, Tracey! Wonderfully creative use of Virginia's inspiration!

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. a great take on the Muse.

Jean said...

Great CAS take on Virginia's card - fun.colors to work with.



Joyce said...

I love how you made this card your own. Great placement of your sentiment and flowers, and love all that white space.

Amy Kolling said...

You kept this wonderfully simple using the colors and the florals!!! Love this Tracey!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful card, Tracey!

Sharron said...

Love your CAS version! The perfectly placed bold sentiment looks fabulous!

Kim Heggins said...

Tracey, this is so cute! I really love your take on this challenge and your CAS look is amazing as always!

Darnell said...

Oh, yay. Definitely a "Tracey card!" I can spot you a mile away because you always blow me away! This brilliant CASE of V's card is no exception!!

Bonnie said...

I love that BIG birthday wish! A perfect balance for those pretty flowers!

Sanketi said...

Lovely card Tracey! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Jingle said...

Your card turned out great! I love the simple design with the bold colors! Fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!