April 6, 2013

RS #57 & Simon Says Happy Birthday



I seriously have a problem.  I have so much beautiful patterned paper, so I took the Online Card Class Pattern Play and learned so many wonderful ways to make use of my paper and finally part with it.  The class was so much fun and I started to use up some of my stash.  The problem is that it was so fun I keep buying more and more and today I picked up some new My Minds Eye and I didn't want to cut it for my card!  Yes I have a problem, but I did seize the moment and cut it to make my card for this week's RetroSketches challenge. I know that Joyce and Kim are laughing as they read this--they know I have a problem. I am also submitting this card to this week's Simon Says Happy Birthday Challenge.







All supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.

Cardstock:  Vintage Cream
Patterned Paper: Tangerine (My Minds Eye)
Stamps: Birthday Basics
Ink:  Dark Chocolate
Dies: Stitched Mats (Lil' Inkers)
other: foam tape, brown bakers twine, kraft button



21 comments :

Lauren said...

Such a great masculine card, I love the papers you chose! I have issues cutting up full pieces of paper too, but I need to work through some of my stash.

Greta said...

Great use of that sketch, Tracey & good for you using the paper! I have the same problem, so you're not alone.

Kim Heggins said...

Tracey, your card is awesome and I am so proud of you just jumping right in and cutting up your paper! I can see by your amazing card how much fun you really had, this is fabulous and that button, amazing too! I love those stitched mats, so perfect for this challenge.

Renee said...

Fabulous!!
Love the papers you used with this and what a great way to use up the stash!
But we can't talk about how much paper we have...
I took the same class...
with the same intention...
still haven't done it and got 7 new pads this week. :(
But in my defense...most of them had NAVY!!!
How could I refuse? :)
Maybe someday I'll use them. :(

Janet's Joy said...

Love the colours you chose Tracey! Super card.

Kim S said...

I love how you used this sketch - using the same paper vertically makes it so very interesting!

Jen W. said...

So proud of you for cutting into some paper! LOL! Love how clean and crisp this is even with 3 different patterns.

Brandi said...

Love that hexagon patterned paper! Cute!

Happy Dance said...

Killer card. Perfect use of the patterned papers. Love how the twine is slipped under one of the panels. Great button too. Love this. Bev

Lisa Elton said...

I admit I'm part of that paper hoarding, too pretty to cut, I don't need ANYMORE paper but this pad is SOOO pretty club myself LOL!!! Bravo to you for cutting into your new stuff and turning it into such a great card! Do I spy some stitched die cuts in there ;)

Arlene said...

Great use of the sketch and choice of papers! Simple, I love it...

Michelle said...

Wow! Tracey, I love your take on the sketch! Awesome paper choices!

Jocelyn Olson said...

The color blocking is fabulous! Love the mix of patterns!

Lindsey said...

I completely understand your addiction...it feels like you took the words straight out of my mouth for your description. But I am so glad you "seized the moment" because I adore this card.

Kara said...

really sweet...love that mini hexagon print!

Marybeth said...

Oh I love this one too! Love your choice of papers and that large button.

Sharron said...

Glad you were able to cut into these papers as they work so great for your masculine card! LOVE the stitching and that large button--fabulous accent!

Anonymous said...

I heard on HGTV today- the saying "measure twice and cut once" and I thought about how nervous I get about my cutting into a lovely patterned paper!

This is an awesome way to showcase such neat paper;)

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love its design and colours.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

Leigh Penner said...

What gorgeous eye candy on your blog, Tracey! All of your projects are just so wonderful!

Suzanne said...

I am dying over this card!